Wednesday, June 16, 2010

grandfather mushroom


grandfather mushroom
Originally uploaded by merwing✿little dear

It's the middle of the week, how about celebrating with another FREE embroidery pattern?
Here you go!

This little guy is "Grandfather Mushroom", inspired by the movie Jack Frost, which if you haven't seen, I highly recommend watching the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 version. ;D It comes out in the next DVD set, this month!

If you stitch it up, be sure to add your photos to our flickr Doodle Stitching group!

Are you wondering how I got that pretty color in there behind the embroidery? Stick around, I'll be posting a tutorial for my color tinting technique tomorrow. It's really easy and fun. :)

♥ aimee

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally love it, thank you for sharing such a fun pattern for free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to try this pattern out! Thank you so much for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I always loved the Jack Frost movie (my family is Russian) because it took most of the old folk tales and crammed them into one movie, but I never realized how bizarre the tales were to everyone else until after watching the MST3K version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you frame your projects? In glass? If not, how do you clean them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! ^_^ I'm glad you like him.
    I don't usually frame my embroidery behind glass, I stretch a lot of them on wooden canvas frames, or just hem the edges and pin them up to the wall. (I know, real high tech. ;) To wash embroidery, hand wash in a mild detergent and hang to dry. When it's nearly dry you can iron out any wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That beautiful embroidery, love, plush dolls also do? ... Greetings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)