Thursday, August 17, 2017

Free solar eclipse pattern!


Who else is excited about the solar eclipse happening on Monday?? I've never seen a total eclipse before and I can't wait to see it. So in anticipation, I've created this free eclipse embroidery pattern to share with you! 
(you can download the pattern at the end of this post. :)


This is a simple and fun project that you can stitch up in a few hours and use in a variety of ways to create your own little piece of history.
I used a scrap of navy batik that reminded me of a night sky, with pale grey and aqua floss. Looking closely, you can see I used pretty basic stitches, split stitch and straight stitches for the lines, and long and short stitch for the solid areas. If you need a tutorial on that one (along with another moon pattern), check here! 
I'm not sure what I'll do with mine yet, but it is a lovely little momento of a super cool and special event.



I hope you'll stitch up your own version of my eclipse pattern, and will be able to see it on Monday, August 21! Be sure and tag me @aimee_littledear on Instagram if you post pictures!
Have fun. 
xo aimee

(click to enlarge and download pattern.)




3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. I cannot wait to share with Grands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pattern. i have my eclipse glasses ready as well as my telescope and camera!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)