Thursday, March 3, 2011

I play with dolls

I play with dolls

Today is Girl's Day in Japan, the day of the Japanese Doll Festival! I'd love to visit there one day but for now I'll celebrate here in the US my own way. ;)
I've created this free embroidery pattern to share with all my fellow dolly lovers out there, hope you like it! You can get it right here.

girls day re-ment
If you're not familiar with Girl's Day, be sure to read all about it. The Doll Festival centers around elaborate displays of ornamental dolls. Being into dolls, I'm also into miniatures, and Re-ment makes some of the best! These are re-ment hinamatsuri, or Girl's Day doll displays. The top one is more traditional and the bottom is a super cute Hello Kitty version! I love these!

I play with dolls
I stitched my Girl's Day pattern up on a t-shirt. T-shirts are not my favorite thing to embroider on, but having a good fabric stabilizer makes it a whole lot easier. I like Sulky stabilizers, they come in lots of varieties. Especially nice are the ones that dissolve in water when you're done stitching. If you stitch this one up, be sure to post your photos to our Doodle Stitching flickr group!
Hope you enjoy the pattern! If you're a girl, celebrate yourself today, (and your dollies. ;)

♥ aimee

13 comments:

  1. Cute! I am going to stitch that pattern up for sure and thanks for the education on Girl's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest pattern ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice of you to share this with us; thank you! My family (all boys!) like to tease me about my doll collection; they will get a kick out of this when I put it on a t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! too cute! and happy girls day to all :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute pattern, thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!I love your blog!!I love your blythe doll as well!!Here are my blogs:
    http://myblythedollsarepretty.blogspot.com
    http://mylettersandpostcards.blogspot.com

    Visit our letter project blog too:
    http://2011letters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you my friends!! glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! The pattern is just as adorable as you and your dolls are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this lovely pattern, I love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, this is so cute, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!!!!!!! I think that I'm going to try this this week!! It will be my first embroidery project!
    runwithglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)