Monday, May 9, 2011

making tags

making tags

I made some new tags for my dresses and plush so I thought I'd share this neat little trick with you! I wish I could credit the person who first thought of this ingenious idea, but I've been doing this for years now and I don't know anymore. I believe I first learned about it on Craftster.org (a great place to get all kinds of ideas. :)
It's really easy, all you need is a computer, printer, iron-on paper (like for t shirt transfers), iron and ribbon.
Set up your tags to the width of the ribbon (I use 3/4 inch satin ribbon), print according to the paper instructions, cut out and iron them on! I make mine to be folded in half, then I sew the raw edges into the seams.

making tags

voila! it's super easy, and always great to make stuff like this yourself.

♥ aimee

12 comments:

  1. Awesome--trying this idea!! TY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to make these once (I saw the Craftster post as well). I don't know what happened- I must have gotten a bad package of iron-on transfer paper because nothing that I made with that package turned out! I buy my sew in labels from a fellow Etsy seller now. :)

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I can't wait to try it! I've wanted to have tags for the little things I make for a while now, but they seem kinda pricey. This looks nice & easy, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! i was just thinking the other day that i needed to figure out how to make my own tags. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks guys!! I love this trick, glad to share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow nice trick !! I was looking for a tip for tag, I'd try it :) !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! I will need to try this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does the ink run when the tag gets wet, ie. for laundering the garment?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ink won't run, it's ordinary Tshirt transfer paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fantastic idea! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tip thank you and very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)