Thursday, September 3, 2009

Quilt Squares

quilt squares
quilt squares
quilt squares
quilt squares

I've been making some quilt squares out of scraps of fabric lately. I'm no quilter, and these are far from perfect, but I don't care! don't they look pretty together? they make me happy. one day I'll have a giant colorful, random patchwork quilt for my bed.
I'll tell you a secret, the baby sized quilt that appears in my book, is the first quilt I ever made, aside from a tiny, doll sized one. I'm a big believer in making stuff up as I go along, it may not be perfect, but I learn a lot, my project is unique to me, and it's a lot more fun than following directions. (I can't follow patterns anyway.)

5 comments:

  1. These look so pretty! The colours really do look good together :-)
    Some day i'll make my own too.

    Marise

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'm working on a couple of quilts but you make me want to start another one with the added embroidery of course! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, here! That's how I roll. Jelly roll? No, no. More like rock. Where'd you find your fabrics? Scraps from here and there? Clothing, blankets, etc.? The End.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabrics look gorgeous together. I have trouble not foolowing a pattern so would love to just be able to throw it all together like you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and pretty! Great sense of colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)