Saturday, February 27, 2010

parasol


parasol
Originally uploaded by merwing✿little dear

here's a little sneak peek at another project from my new book that's coming out this fall! :D This is a Asian style umbrella I embellished with stitched sakura flowers.
I'm so excited for this book to be out! I've just seen the first draft and it looks awesome. In case you're wondering, (I get asked this all the time) I design and create all the patterns and projects for my books and write the instructions, then I send them off to my publisher (Lark) and they take care of the photography, editing, book design and printing. I'm even more pleased with how this new book is coming along than my first one. It's beautifully designed and chock full of brand new patterns for every occasion. I hope you'll love it too. :) I'll keep you updated!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for your new book to be out and that's why .... to be honest... I've being stalking Amazon to see when they will put it for
    pre order , and guess what ?! I Found it ! Congratulations on your new book... I'm sure it is going to be a hit !!!
    http://www.amazon.com/Doodle-Stitching-Collection-Embroidery-Designs/dp/1600595812/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1268095885&sr=1-3
    Now my question is... will you have it for sale in your shop before Amazon ???? ... LOL ... I'm sooo looking forward to your new book !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thank you so much!! ^_^
    I expect I will get a few copies some time in August, I'm hoping to have a few for sale before they are "officially" available. :) I may even have a free giveaway, so keep your eyes open! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info !!! Now I will be stalking your shop !!! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for your new book to be out. I've already preordered it. You're work is so charming, and I'm always delighted to see it. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)