Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Doodle Stitching Inspired

I received an email from someone today who found my book and decided to give embroidery a try. Every time I hear this it makes my day! This one is doubly cool though, because this guy is, well, a GUY. Not too many male stitchers out there, but when you come across one, it's pretty special. :) Check out this pillow he made, drew up the design himself and embroidered:


and his detailed blog post about how he did it: http://www.elephanteater.com/2741

Ryan Claytor is not only pretty handy with a needle and floss, he also draws comics, something else that is dear to my heart, having worked with my husband in the comic book industry for the last 12+ years. :) Check out his work at www.elephanteater.com!

♥ aimee

3 comments:

  1. Thanks a bunch for the linkage, Aimee! I've already received some feedback from a couple of your readers. Kudos on such an inspirational book and best of luck with your upcoming Doodle Stitching Motif Collection!

    Sincerely,

    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cute. Now I'm curious to see your book and see Ryan's blog so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome. Good for him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)