Thursday, December 9, 2010

felt pretties

felt pretties

I've been cutting out hearts and feathers from my felt scraps, to stitch into little pretties to hang from ribbon! I have so many felt, fabric and ribbon scraps, I can't help saving them all. But I do use them eventually. Look at that new felt scrap pile there, even it looks too pretty to throw away! I sometimes even keep those tiny scraps and use them as stuffing for plush. ;)

scraps

Here are my scraps. ;P I stuff them in boxes and bags until I find a use for them. then I drag those out and sort through the bits to find pieces for my new project. Here are some more things I've made out of scraps:

How do you use scraps??

♥ aimee

4 comments:

  1. A question, if you don't mind! I just made a whole bunch of felt snowflakes (have been playing with felt for the first time this fall) and glued on a long piece of ribbon 4 snowflakes spaced randomly. I have 4 strings like that, meant to be hung hanging vertically from my kitchen curtain rod. They look awesome, but when I hang them up the ribbon has slight twists in it that causes more than half of the snowflakes to hang facing backwards. Any suggestions? Maybe my ribbon is just too flimsy.

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! I've tried similar things too, it can be tricky. Most likely the ribbon is too light weight, and the snowflakes to heavy. Maybe a heavier or wider ribbon would work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking that taking the ribbon off and using something thicker and/or heavier would help, but I was trying to avoid that! hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)