Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Fall!

Today is the first day of Autumn, hurrah! And it actually does feel like Autumn this morning here in NW Arkansas. (double hurrah!) Autumn is my favorite season, there are so many beautiful changes in the world all around. The weather turns cooler and it makes me want to curl up with a cup of tea and, of course, a hand embroidery project. To celebrate, I'm sharing a new freebie embroidery pattern, this cute little chipmunk. (complete with an acorn, my yard is full of them right now!)

I stitched mine up in my favorite stitch, the Split Stitch. I love it because it's super easy and quick, great for outlines. Here's how to do it:


Start with a tiny stitch and bring your needle up through the center of it, splitting the stitch in the middle. Continue making more stitches the same way along the line of your pattern.

I use the Split Stitch more than any other. Want to stitch up my cute chipmunk? Here's the pattern!
(Click to enlarge.)

Have fun and enjoy your Autumn!
xo aimee

12 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks so much. And happy autumn to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Thank you very much.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squeal! He is so cute! Thanks for the pattern, I am working on a little dress for my daughter right now and this chipmunk would look adorable stitched onto it! Thanks for sharing it with us! Oh and Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, that sounds perfect! I'm glad you can use it. Happy Fall!

      Delete
  4. Adorable! We have a family of chipmunks that have lived under our front porch for years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Thank you for another free pattern!
    This is so wonderfully cute, love the style you've given him with his chubby face and rounded ears. Will have to try this one out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chipmunk! When you do your split stitch, do you use more than 1 strand, and if not, what size of thread do you use? Thanks for sharing-can't awit to try him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I usually use all 6 strands, or 3 for a smaller pattern. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)