Saturday, April 26, 2014

Friday Funspiration (on Saturday): collage

Friday Funspiration (on Saturday): collage

Here's my inspiration for this week, collage art! Honestly, I've never been a huge fan of collage art and have never been into creating it. I do find these pieces particularly interesting though. This weeks MATS e-course assignment was to create a piece of wall art using collage. It was challenging for me, and I'm not sure I was entirely successful, but here is what I came up with:

AIMEE_RAY_GOODNIGHTMOON_3A_WK4

I used some hand painted and drawn elements and embroidery, and then put it together in Photoshop with some digital pieces as well. I was lucky to be assigned my two favorite colors to work with, green and blue! I've always loved greens and blues that cross the green/blue line. :) We were supposed to practice working with abstracts, but I've always had a hard time with that, literal imagery always creeps in no matter how hard I try! All in all, this wasn't my favorite assignment but I learned a lot working on it. I'm ready for next week!

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and pretty! I understand working with elements that can be tricky. My favorite projects are collage and mixed media, but when it comes to drawing and painting I am at a loss. Isn't it fun, however, to be given a challenge? Sometimes we learn so much about ourselves, and sometimes it turns out exactly as expected and we learn that we know ourselves better than we thought! This assignment looks very successful to me! And congrats on getting your favorite colors. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liza! I agree, it's great to try new things! This turned out better than I expected. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)