Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Funspiration: Succulents

Friday Funspiration: Succulents

I love these little guys so much, Ive been drooling over them at Lowes lately! But I'm not the greatest gardener and I hate seeing them die. :( I need to read up on succulent care and create a sunny space in  my house before I commit to making a succulent garden.

Have you had success growing succulents?

I've also been inspired by them lately because our assignment this week for my MATS e-course was to create designs using succulent inspired artwork! Here are some mini, hand embroidered succulents I created for that. I'm working on my final design which I'll post in a day or so. 

stitched succulents

I hope you have a sunny weekend!

xo aimee

4 comments:

  1. Your little succulents are so awesome, and they all look so unique! I love embroidering underwater creatures and plants, and succulents remind me of that. I will have to try this, I love them so much. :)

    I have a couple of succulents at the moment. I decided to try Lithops, and while one is opening, the other is not. So fascinating though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great embroidery subjects! I do want to start growing some again, they are fun to have around!

      Delete
  2. I love succulents, they're a great way to introduce children in to plants. Plus I'm not so great with plants myself. Our latest addition is a tiny Eve's Needle Cactus. Little L wanted a pet and we suggested a plant, she chose one and named it Freddy. So far Freddy has been for tea at my in laws and played hide and seek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Shell, and what a cute story! That's a fun idea for a first "pet" ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)