Friday, May 30, 2014

my quilt!

quilt top

Tada! My patchwork quilt is finally finished and on our bed. It's so bright and colorful and fun. It took me a really long time to get it done. Actually, I call it the 30 year quilt, because it has lots of squares in it that my mom made when I was a little kid.  Looking back through old photos, I was making quilt squares back in June 2010, and sewing the top together in February 2011. I finally got around to making a backing (mostly out of curtains from our previous house), getting it basted at the local quilt shop, and tying it and binding it in the last week. 

quilt side

And now it's done! This is definitely the biggest, most time consuming project I've done. I'm definitely no quilter, so it's full of little imperfections. But then so am I, so I guess it's all ok. 

my quilt is finished!

I'm just happy to have finished it and have it on my bed.

Happy weekend!
xo aimee

4 comments:

  1. It's a great quilt, and extra special since it has childhood fabrics and the memories attached to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! Such a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! This pity you're not a quilter! I'd like to see more quilts! So precious to you, since it was your mother that begun it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely quilt. I love tying quilts too and this is a great design to tie. So bright and cheerful. Well done. Carry on quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)