Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Paper Stitching!

paper stitching kits

I finally found some time to play with my new Paper Stitching kits that were just released by Plaid Crafts! These are so much fun. 
If you've never tried embroidering on paper, this is the perfect way to start. These kits give you everything you need to create a quick, easy and fun craft.

paper stitching kits

Start out by poking holes in the paper with your needle, or a push pin. You'll want to make one about every 1/8-1/4 inch. Focus on corners and spots where lines meet. Then you can just begin stitching Back Stitches just as you would on fabric. You can also check out this cute tutorial on You Tube for some extra tips!

paper stitching kits

You can choose to add embroidered embellishments to just a few spots on the artwork, or outline everything! (words might be quite a challenge, however.) Either way, you'll end up with a super cute card to send to someone special.

paper stitching kits

There's also a gift tag kit! What a perfect addition to an extra special gift.

paper stitching kits

There are three kits in all, available now at Hobby Lobby stores or at Plaid online.

I hope you'll check them out, let me know what you're making!
xo aimee

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Aimee! I just wanted to say that I love your illustrations and all your artwork is adorable! I follow your blog on Bloglovin'.

    Sarah A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)