Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday funspiration: Penguin Threads

the Secret Garden

You may have seen these around the web already, but I had to re-post them. How cool is this- embroidered book covers!??

"As a part of its Fall 2011 collection, Penguin plans to release these delightful covers as part of its Penguin Threads series. Inspired by the handmade craft craze that has proliferated on sites like Etsy, the publishing house commissioned artist Jillian Tamaki to design hand-sewn covers of three classics: Jane Austen'sEmma, Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Secret Garden, and Anna Sewell's Black Beauty."

penguin threads

The Secret Garden has been one of my favorite books since I was a kid, I think these are all beautiful. Definitely makes you want to take a second look at these classics!
xo aimee


5 comments:

  1. how sweet! i love the secret garden one... might be time to pull that book out and re-read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful...I can't wait to get my hands on the "Emma" one! :)

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to have hair like emma's on that cover. so candy-like and happy :) these might have to go on my amazon list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! these books are very special and I also enjoyed very much reading them when I was young (not tthat I feel old lol)and as you say it makes one want to read them again! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three of these books are personal favorites, especially Emma and the Secret Garden. The covers are true loveliness for lovely stories. Ahhh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)