Saturday, October 8, 2011

Friday funspiration (on saturday): tiny houses

Friday funspiration (one day late)

this week's inspiration is late because we've moved! I've been spending the last week unpacking and trying to put things away (not to mention fighting off some horrific allergies.)
I decided to feature some cute, tiny houses, something I've been intrigued by for a long time. (see my post last week on gypsy wagons.) The house we moved into is half the size of our old house and it is challenging to fit all of our stuff in, but in a good way I think. :) I actually love being able to downsize, get rid of unneeded stuff, and generally simplify things. we're finding that the key to living in a small space is lots of shelves, finding a place for everything, and keeping things put away as much as possible. Clutter is 100x worse in a small space! "Bigger is better" is how most people seem to think, but really, how much stuff, and space do you really need to live in? The more you own, the more owns you.
xo aimee

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE tiny houses. My husband and my dream is to buy a property with a large barn. The hayloft will be our studio/summer living room. They we will have a teensy house, all parts of it important (like any stained glass windows made by my friend Becca, all furniture made by people we know, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they all gorgeous - I have a thing about small spaces and could happily set up home in, say, our horse trailer (bit cold though in the winter)! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! I love the idea of a tiny living space. We want to set up our art studio in an airstream trailer one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like tiny houses better because they are easier to maintained. I've been relocated for quite many times that make me thinking of owning one of those tiny mobile house, lol...
    Thanks for sharing those inspiring pictures, Aimee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way! I'd love to live 100% in a cute little trailer, but we have way too much stuff. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aimee, I agree with everything you said about downsizing! I sold my house this summer in one week (a miracle!) so now I am renting for awhile, and I had to do some downsizing myself. But it felt good to get rid of uneeded, unused "stuff."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)