Saturday, June 9, 2012

new patterns!

needleworker's quote


This pattern based on original embroidery art by Aimee Ray, and a quote from the book Od Magic by Patricia A. McKillip: "A woman with needlework in her hands is generally assumed to have no other thoughts in her head, and can safely harbor any number of improprieties."
When I read this book (which I highly recommend, by the way) I knew this quote had to be preserved in embroidery. I designed the pattern in a labyrinth shape because there is a labyrinth in the story. :) This is the perfect pattern for any embroidery lover!

dream tree

"Dream Tree"  was adapted from a mindless doodle in my sketchbook, whilst trying to recall a dream from the night before. It's a lovely, abstractish, naturey design that is lots of fun to stitch up!

Both pattern PDF files can be found at my shop: www.littledear.etsy.com

enjoy!
<3 aimee

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for making the Needleworker's Quote pattern available! I'm off to buy it right now. -- Monica (Who emailed you.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)