Sunday, May 11, 2014

vintage wooden dolls

vintage dolls sketch

My MATS illustration e-course has ended and it was so much fun, and I learned a ton! Now I've signed up for Bootcamp, which will give me a similar assignment once a month.
I found so many pictures of little wooden dolls to draw. As much as I love Japanese kokeshi, I chose to stick with European (and a few Russian) folk dolls for this assignment. I love how there are so many variations of shapes of these little wooden dolls. We'll get the project assignment tomorrow, I'm excited to turn these little guys into something real!

xo aimee

1 comment:

  1. Your drawings are amazing as always! I do love all the different shapes. I need to look into these classes, because you seem to be having a fun time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)