Thursday, September 18, 2014

ship in a bottle

ship in a bottle

I've just finished a new embroidery pattern! I've been wanting to do something nautical for awhile now so this design was born of my favorite oceanic imagery.

details

I used mostly Split Stitch on this one, it's my favorite stitch for outlines. I generally use all 6 threads for most lines, and cut it to 3 threads for some smaller, interior details.

details

Fish scales were stitched in tiny straight stitches and bubbles were done in satin stitch.

I have so many different floss colors from all the projects I've done over the years, I usually pull from my stash. But for this pattern, I wanted something unique. I actually consulted my floss color chart and picked out all new colors! Here they are, if you want to use the same palette.

ship in a bottle floss colors

This pattern is available now in my shop for instant download: www.littledear.etsy.com

enjoy!
xo aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)