Monday, October 19, 2020

Thread Doodling by Carina Endvoldsen-Harris

 I was so thrilled to receive a copy of Thread Doodling by Carina Endvoldsen-Harris in the mail recently and I'm excited to share it with you! This book is full of so much eye candy and inspiring embroidery projects, it's a great addition to your craft book shelf. 

Carina (of polkaandbloom.com) and I have been friends online for years and she has done some projects for a few of my Doodle Stitching books as well! She and I have similar stitching tastes and styles, but Carina's fun designs and bright color palettes are uniquely her own. I know you'll love her work as much as I do.

Here are some sneak peeks into her newest book, Thread Doodling! This book contains over 20 embroidery designs and also includes Iron-On transfers for all of them. There are stitch diagrams and instructions for getting started in embroidery, making this book perfect for beginners as well as experienced stitchers. Each project has color and stitch guides, but also lots of useful suggestions on making the patterns your own!

Some of my favorites of Carina's designs are her repeating, geometric patterns and mandalas. If you're looking for some calming, meditative embroidery time, these are the perfect patterns to start with! 

My all time favorites of this book are the map designs. I'd never considered turning an above view of a favorite city or landscape into embroidery but this is such an awesome idea. There are several different suggestions and patterns for map embroideries here and I can't wait to try one out.


Thread Doodling by Carina Endvoldsen-Harris is available now, you won't want to miss it. 
Also check out Carina's website at polkaandbloom.com for more fun patterns and projects.

xo aimee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)